Travel services offered at Hall Green Health
- Travel Vaccinations including Men ACWY Travel advice for children and adults.
- Malaria prescriptions (issued if necessary) – for Malaria tablets children must attend an appointment as doses are weight dependant.
- Men ACWY – £49 charge includes consultation, vaccine and certificate. A replacement certificate is £16.50.
Please note: Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS. This includes the Malaria prescription.
Basic Travel Advice
- Boiled Water
- Bottled or canned water
- Water treated by a sterilising agent
- This includes water to make ice cubes and for brushing your teeth.
- Avoid street food vendors
- Only eat well cooked FRESH food
- Avoid leftovers
- Avoid reheating foods
- Avoid salads – eat COOKED vegetables only
- Only eat fruit you can PEEL
- Avoid ice cream
- Avoid unpasteurised milk
Also ensure you wash your hands prior to eating any food and after using the toilet
- Avoid the sun between 11am and 3pm
- Keep babies under 6 months out of direct sunlight at ALL times.
- Under 3s should wear a high factor sun block – ideally 50.
- Children and Adults regardless of skin colour should wear sunblock ideally Factor 15 or above.
- Sunscreen of Factor 30 or above should be used when using insect repellent.
- Reapply sunscreen regularly and after being in water.
- Wear protective clothing eg. t-shirts, sunhat, sunglasses
Insect Bite Avoidance:
- Use a insect repellent with 50% DEET in it to exposed skin, clothing can also be sprayed
- Always apply after sunscreen
- Cover up as much as possible when going out in the evening as this is when mosquitos transmitting Malaria are likely to bite
- Never use herbal or homeopathic medications as they are not effective